- DOT/ECE approved
- MIPS® Brain Protection System: helmet-integrated, low-friction layer designed to reduce rotational motion transferred to the brain from angled impacts
- Durable and lightweight polymer shell
- Dual-density EPS (Expanded Polystyrene) liner
- Custom rubber trim with integrated nose guard
- Lightweight machined aluminum visor screws
- Stainless steel rivets and D-rings
- Removable and washable comfort liner and cheek pads absorb sweat while providing ventilation
- All FLY helmets have TFV (True Functional Ventilation). When in motion air is forced through multiple air intake vents, then passed through aligned vent channels in the EPS and exits out multiple rear exhaust vents
- High-flow mouthpiece is replaceable
- Soft fleece helmet bag included
While there isn't a law requiring ecommerce stores to have a Return Policy, you may need one if you wish to enforce your terms and parameters of returns and refunds.
For example, in the state of New York, if a retailer does not provide a Return & Refund Policy, the retailer will be required to accept returns and give refunds for all merchandise returned within 30 days of purchase. If you wish to limit this in any way, you will need to create and post a Return Policy with your own custom terms.
Another reason for having a Return Policy even if not required by law is that most consumers prefer to shop at retailers with a clearly-posted Return Policy. This is especially important when shopping online, as more issues are likely when purchasing something without being able to see it in person first.
If you don't have a Return Policy, you may be at the mercy of state laws regulating return and refund timeframes. You may also lose potential customers who are concerned about not being able to return a product if they need or want to.