Performance That Puts the X in Excellence.
- Ultimate multisport GPS watch with wrist heart rate technology and color TOPOActive Africa maps featuring Trendline popularity routing to help you find and follow the best paths
- Wrist-based Pulse Ox Acclimation sensor provides awareness of your blood oxygen saturation levels — especially useful when you’re adjusting to higher altitudes
- Fit for adventure with rugged design that features scratch-resistant domed sapphire lens plus stainless steel or diamond-like carbon (DLC) titanium bezel, and rear case
- Easily store and play up to 500 songs on your watch, and connect with Bluetooth® headphones (sold separately) for phone-free listening
- Garmin Pay™ contactless payment solution lets you make convenient payments with your watch, so you can leave your cash and cards at home
- Battery performance: up to 20 days in smartwatch mode and 13 hours in GPS mode with music.
WHAT'S IN THE BOX:
- fēnix 5X Plus Sapphire
- Charging/data cable
While there isn't a law requiring ecommerce stores to have a Return Policy, you may need one if you wish to enforce your terms and parameters of returns and refunds.
For example, in the state of New York, if a retailer does not provide a Return & Refund Policy, the retailer will be required to accept returns and give refunds for all merchandise returned within 30 days of purchase. If you wish to limit this in any way, you will need to create and post a Return Policy with your own custom terms.
Another reason for having a Return Policy even if not required by law is that most consumers prefer to shop at retailers with a clearly-posted Return Policy. This is especially important when shopping online, as more issues are likely when purchasing something without being able to see it in person first.
If you don't have a Return Policy, you may be at the mercy of state laws regulating return and refund timeframes. You may also lose potential customers who are concerned about not being able to return a product if they need or want to.