Fitness Tracker with 1+ Year Battery Life
- Features always-on customizable color display and 1+ year battery life; no charging necessary
- Tracks steps, distance and calories burned, monitors sleep and provides a personalized daily step goal
- Safe for swimming and showering
- Periodically syncs to Garmin Connect™, where you can save, plan and share your activities, get involved in social challenges and more
- Move IQ® feature automatically detects activity and classifies activity type on Garmin Connect
Find more ways to beat yesterday with easy-to-use vívofit 4. It brings you fitness tracking and the freedom to keep moving without taking a break to recharge. With its 1+ year battery life, vívofit 4 is perfect to wear 24/7, so you’re always tracking your activity, automatically classifying it with Move IQ and so much more.
S/M: 122-188 mm
L: 148-215 mm
WHAT'S IN THE BOX:
- vivofit 4
While there isn't a law requiring ecommerce stores to have a Return Policy, you may need one if you wish to enforce your terms and parameters of returns and refunds.
For example, in the state of New York, if a retailer does not provide a Return & Refund Policy, the retailer will be required to accept returns and give refunds for all merchandise returned within 30 days of purchase. If you wish to limit this in any way, you will need to create and post a Return Policy with your own custom terms.
Another reason for having a Return Policy even if not required by law is that most consumers prefer to shop at retailers with a clearly-posted Return Policy. This is especially important when shopping online, as more issues are likely when purchasing something without being able to see it in person first.
If you don't have a Return Policy, you may be at the mercy of state laws regulating return and refund timeframes. You may also lose potential customers who are concerned about not being able to return a product if they need or want to.