The T3 is a colossal set of three bags in one with a massive 145 liter gear bag housing a separate helmet bag and a separate bag for your boots. With the individual bags nested inside, you have a perfect amount of space to stash a set of knee braces and a few goggles. This 3-in-1 approach isolates your boots and helmet from the rest of your gear to ensure everything stays as funk-free as possible. A telescoping pull handle retracts from a rigid bottom structure to ensure easy handling and maneuverability.
Includes boot bag & helmet bag.
- 3-in-1 bag w/ separate helmet bag and boot bag
- 600D ploy / 420D nailhead dobby poly fabric
- Extra wide lid opening
- Helmet case accessible through top panel opening
- Velcro opening mesh panel for air flow
- SLED (Structural Load Equalizing Deck) system for increased durability and handling
- Heavy duty over-sized wheels w/ protective guards
- Internal adjustable mesh dividers for custom organization
- Hideaway changing mat
- Multiple reinforced padded grab handles
- 3 under-lid storage pockets
- Top slash zipper pocket
- Dual compression strap system
- Telescoping pull handle
- Small tool storage pack
- Dimensions: 36.5" H x 17" W x 15.25" D
- Weight: 14.2 Lbs.
- Capacity: 8850 cubic inches / 145 liters
While there isn't a law requiring ecommerce stores to have a Return Policy, you may need one if you wish to enforce your terms and parameters of returns and refunds.
For example, in the state of New York, if a retailer does not provide a Return & Refund Policy, the retailer will be required to accept returns and give refunds for all merchandise returned within 30 days of purchase. If you wish to limit this in any way, you will need to create and post a Return Policy with your own custom terms.
Another reason for having a Return Policy even if not required by law is that most consumers prefer to shop at retailers with a clearly-posted Return Policy. This is especially important when shopping online, as more issues are likely when purchasing something without being able to see it in person first.
If you don't have a Return Policy, you may be at the mercy of state laws regulating return and refund timeframes. You may also lose potential customers who are concerned about not being able to return a product if they need or want to.