6D - ATR-1 Switch Helmet
A True Game Changer. The 6D ATR-1 off-road motorcycle helmet has changed the industry forever. Introduced in 2013 it was the first motorcycle helmet ever manufactured incorporating technology that reduced angular acceleration and low-threshold impact energy transfer to the brain during crash impact. This was accomplished by 6D’s revolutionary Omni-Directional Suspension (ODS) system.
The 6D ATR-1 was the “Game Changer” in 2013, and today it is still the most effective off-road helmet available for athletes looking for the ultimate in head protection.
- ODS ( Omni-Directional Suspension ) Technology Air-Gap Technology
- Shell made from advanced aerospace carbon fiber, composite fiberglass and Kevlar
- Large eyeport opening
- Removable contoured roost guard
- Integrated traction posts at the eyeport
- Rear delta vent evacuates air by creating a low-pressure venturi effect
- Clavicle cut-away reduces both mass and weight, while providing increased clavicle clearance without sacrificing strength
- Fully compatible with all neck braces
- Titanium D-rings and chin strap rivets
- Removable and washable comfort liner made from CoolMax anti-bacterial fabric
- Emergency release cheek pads
- Sternum pad provides a progressive surface for added protection of the chin, jaw and sternum in the event of an accident
- Shear-away visor screws
- Stainless steel screens protect all shell openings
- Comes with deluxe 6D Works Helmet Bag
- 3-year limited warranty
- Exceeds DOT and ECE standards
Sizing your head for the proper motocross helmet size is important. Using a soft tape measure, wrap it around your head at the largest point starting about 1” (2.5cm) up from your eyebrows and around the largest part of the back of your head, and measure the number of your head circumference. Compare your size to the chart below.