An ultra-lightweight protective system offering excellent upper body protection against impacts and roost, the protector features front and rear hard shell plates backed with bio-foam padding for a secure and comfortable snug fit. Quick and extremely easy to put on it provides extended padding to protect against tire roost without obstructing arm movement and is fully compatible with Alpinestars Bionic Neck Supports.
• Extended padding to offer more protection against tire roost without obstructing arm movement.
• Removable shoulder pads and back protector for high levels of customization.
• Stone shield and back protectors are constructed from a high performance
• polymeric blend for optimized flexibility and excellent weight saving.
• The protector’s plastic shells are perforated for maximum breathability and cooling ventilation.
• Adjustable elastic closure system features newly designed, quick and easy- to-use buckles that fit a broad range of rider body sizes.
• Thermoformed padded chassis for optimized levels of comfort and close-to-body fit.
• Adjustable shoulder straps for optimal fit.
• Bionic Neck Support compatibility.
• Silicon BNS pull tabs for easy and safe engagement of the BNS.
• Integrated Y-strap system for modular use of the back protector with fast and convenient mounting.
While there isn't a law requiring ecommerce stores to have a Return Policy, you may need one if you wish to enforce your terms and parameters of returns and refunds.
For example, in the state of New York, if a retailer does not provide a Return & Refund Policy, the retailer will be required to accept returns and give refunds for all merchandise returned within 30 days of purchase. If you wish to limit this in any way, you will need to create and post a Return Policy with your own custom terms.
Another reason for having a Return Policy even if not required by law is that most consumers prefer to shop at retailers with a clearly-posted Return Policy. This is especially important when shopping online, as more issues are likely when purchasing something without being able to see it in person first.
If you don't have a Return Policy, you may be at the mercy of state laws regulating return and refund timeframes. You may also lose potential customers who are concerned about not being able to return a product if they need or want to.