The Bell Qualifier Helmet comes jam packed with many great features at an aggressive price. Featuring an aerodynamic shell and Bell's exclusive ClickRelease face shield system, the Qualifier Helmet offers a refined fit shape, tons of punch for the dollar with aggressive style great for any riding position. The Bell Qualifier raises the performance/value quotient to exceptional new levels.
- Lightweight polycarbonate Shell
- Removable washable, and antibacterial interior
- Aerodynamic design for exceptional stability
- Adjustable ventilation system for cooling and comfort
- Padded wind collar to drastically reduce wind and road noise
- Contoured cheek pads for excellent fit and comfort
- Integrated speaker pockets for audio speakers
- ClickRelease for a fast, easy and tool-free shield change
- NutraFog II superior anti-fog, anti-scratch and UV protected shield
- Padded chin strap with D-ring closure
- DOT approved
- Industry-leading five-year warranty
- Clear visor included
While there isn't a law requiring ecommerce stores to have a Return Policy, you may need one if you wish to enforce your terms and parameters of returns and refunds.
For example, in the state of New York, if a retailer does not provide a Return & Refund Policy, the retailer will be required to accept returns and give refunds for all merchandise returned within 30 days of purchase. If you wish to limit this in any way, you will need to create and post a Return Policy with your own custom terms.
Another reason for having a Return Policy even if not required by law is that most consumers prefer to shop at retailers with a clearly-posted Return Policy. This is especially important when shopping online, as more issues are likely when purchasing something without being able to see it in person first.
If you don't have a Return Policy, you may be at the mercy of state laws regulating return and refund timeframes. You may also lose potential customers who are concerned about not being able to return a product if they need or want to.