- Cowhide leather first quality from 0.6-0.8mm
- Racing glove that ensures absolute comfort
- kevlar® lining on the back, knuckles and fingers to provide a higher resistance
- Anti-shock plates on the knuckles and fingers shells
- Clarino inserts 1mm + SBR on the palms to provide better protection
- Padded molded TPU protection system on the knuckles and back of hand
- Rubber protectors on the knuckles
- Elastic inserts on the back of the hand to provide a better fitting of the wrist and improve flexibility
- Pre-curved fingers for extra comfort and reduce muscle fatigue
- External foam padding around the wrists and fingers for better impact absorption
- Double padding on the little finger, thumb and wrist.Double velcro closure
- Double wrist clasp for added security
- CE Approved
While there isn't a law requiring ecommerce stores to have a Return Policy, you may need one if you wish to enforce your terms and parameters of returns and refunds.
For example, in the state of New York, if a retailer does not provide a Return & Refund Policy, the retailer will be required to accept returns and give refunds for all merchandise returned within 30 days of purchase. If you wish to limit this in any way, you will need to create and post a Return Policy with your own custom terms.
Another reason for having a Return Policy even if not required by law is that most consumers prefer to shop at retailers with a clearly-posted Return Policy. This is especially important when shopping online, as more issues are likely when purchasing something without being able to see it in person first.
If you don't have a Return Policy, you may be at the mercy of state laws regulating return and refund timeframes. You may also lose potential customers who are concerned about not being able to return a product if they need or want to.