Gaerne continues to kill the game with their pro-level Motocross boot, the SG-12. The revolutionary design of the Dual Stage Pivot System is patented and exclusive to Gaerne, assuring it to be a success. The first pivot is attached to the “razorback”, which provides a rigid component and offers strong lateral support while a glideplate keeps the upper in a firm, upright position. The SG-12 utilizes four lightweight alloy buckles that attach to an adjustable strap. This is a “Tried and True” system that provides the rider with an “Easy in” and “Easy out” non failure system.
- A gaiter made of a Swiss breathable fabric called ACRONOS, is extremely stretchy but has the perfect shape to keep the sand and debris out
- The toecap has been re-designed and reinforced to provide tougher performance
- The heel cup has been designed to absorb shock in the case of a rear compression
- An upgraded toe box features a slimmer shape in the toe area for an improved feel of the shift lever
- Entire toe box area is wrapped by a plastic material which is lighter and provides improved comfort
- A thermoplastic shin plate is anatomically shaped for a perfect fit
- By removing three screws a rider can also make the opening wider to accommodate a bigger leg or knee-brace
- The SG-12 utilizes four lightweight alloy buckles that attach to an adjustable strap
- On the inner side of the boot is “grip guard” to help you grip the bike, as well as acting as a heat resistant pad protecting your leg from the exhaust
While there isn't a law requiring ecommerce stores to have a Return Policy, you may need one if you wish to enforce your terms and parameters of returns and refunds.
For example, in the state of New York, if a retailer does not provide a Return & Refund Policy, the retailer will be required to accept returns and give refunds for all merchandise returned within 30 days of purchase. If you wish to limit this in any way, you will need to create and post a Return Policy with your own custom terms.
Another reason for having a Return Policy even if not required by law is that most consumers prefer to shop at retailers with a clearly-posted Return Policy. This is especially important when shopping online, as more issues are likely when purchasing something without being able to see it in person first.
If you don't have a Return Policy, you may be at the mercy of state laws regulating return and refund timeframes. You may also lose potential customers who are concerned about not being able to return a product if they need or want to.