Garmin - eTrex 30x
Handheld GPS with 3-axis Compass, Enhanced Display and Preloaded Mapping
- 2.2 inch crystal clear colour display
- Pre-loaded with OSM Recreational Map of Africa
- High-sensitivity, GPS receiver with HotFix® and GLONASS support
- 4GB internal memory. Expand further with a microSD™ card (not included).
- 3-axis compass and barometric altimeter
- Worldwide basemap with shaded relief
eTrex 30x is our upgraded version of the popular eTrex 30, with enhanced screen resolution and extended internal memory to hold more maps. The preloaded OSM Recreational Map of Africa supports and enhances a range of outdoor activities, such as hiking, geocaching, mountaineering and fishing. eTrex 30x has superior features compared to eTrex 30, while maintaining its ease-of-use, affordability and legendary durability.
See the Way
eTrex 30x has an enhanced 2.2 inch, 65K colour, sunlight-readable display. Durable and water-resistant, eTrex 30x is built to withstand the elements. It has an upgraded interface yet retains its toughness to withstand dust, dirt, humidity or water.
New Tools for Your Trek
The in-built 3-axis tilt-compensated electronic compass keeps your bearings even when you’re standing still or not holding it level. Also added is a barometric altimeter that tracks changes in pressure to pinpoint your altitude. Use it to plot barometric pressure over time to help you keep an eye on changing weather conditions.
Fit your eTrex 30x just about anywhere, using an array of compatible mounts. Use the auto mount capability and City Navigator NT® maps for turn-by-turn driving directions, or the rugged mount for your bike or quad. You can even mount to a boat for fishing or sailing trips.
Preloaded Recreational Map of Africa
eTrex 30x comes preloaded with the **Recreational Map of Africa - Topo Light. This map enables you to orienteer and reference any outdoor or recreational activity in 58 African countries, compiled using the community-generated *OpenStreetMap (OSM) database.
- Includes non-routable street and off-road networks, international boundaries, waterways, natural features, land use areas, historical sites, airport structures, buildings and more.
- Displays thousands of points of interest, including shops; restaurants and bars; car parks; schools and universities; and accommodations.
- Plan outdoor activities, organize your data and share your adventures with others through our free downloadable trip-planning software, BaseCamp™.
eTrex 30x lets you share your routes, geocaches and other user data wirelessly with other compatible devices. Simply press “send” to transfer your information and share your adventure with friends.
eTrex also connects to compatible Garmin devices, including VIRB™ and accessory sensors, including tempe™, foot pod and heart rate monitor.
eTrex 30x supports paperless geocaching GPX files for endless geocaching adventures. Just visit Geocaching.com to download geocaches straight to your device, then start hunting for caches! eTrex 30x stores all the key information, including location, terrain, difficulty, hints and descriptions. By going paperless, you're not only helping the environment but also avoiding the bother of manually entering co-ordinates.
Plan Your Next Trip
Take control of your next adventure with BaseCamp™. The free, trip-planning software allows you to view and organise maps, routes and more, and even create Garmin Adventures to share with friends, family or fellow explorers. BaseCamp displays topographic map data in 2D or 3D on your computer screen, as well as a vast array of satellite images when paired with a BirdsEye Satellite Imagery subscription.
WHAT'S IN THE BOX:
- eTrex 30x
- USB cable