Rugged GPS handheld and inReach satellite communicator with Garmin TopoActive Europe mapping
- Large 3" sunlight-readable colour display for easy viewing
- Trigger an interactive SOS to the GEOS 24/7 search and rescue monitoring center; two-way messaging via the 100% global Iridium® satellite network (satellite subscription required)
- Preloaded Garmin TopoActive Europe mapping with direct-to-device BirdsEye Satellite Imagery downloads (no annual subscription); includes multiple Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSS) support and navigation sensors
- Cellular connectivity lets you access Active Weather forecasts and Geocaching Live
- Compatible with the Garmin Explore™ website and app to help you manage waypoints, routes, activities and collections, use tracks and review trip data from the field
- Internal, rechargeable lithium battery provides up to 35 hours of battery life in 10-minute tracking mode; 200 hours in Expedition mode with 30-minute tracking intervals
Precise Garmin navigation meets global communication in the GPSMAP® 66i premium GPS handheld with inReach® satellite technology.
Built for tough treks
The sturdy, button-operated GPSMAP 66i features a large 3" colour display you can see even in bright sunlight. If you're out in the field for long stretches of time, you can turn on Expedition mode and get up to 200 hours of battery life while using inReach technology. In the default tracking mode, you get up to 35 hours of battery life, and your device will save your location every 10 minutes.
inReach Satellite communication
Staying in touch is vital, even on less challenging trips. Using inReach technology (subscription required), this handheld lets you trigger an SOS to the GEOS 24/7 emergency response team for interactive support in an emergency. It also enables two-way messaging and LiveTrack location sharing via the 100% global Iridium satellite network, so you can stay in contact with loved ones, teammates, headquarters and more.
WHAT'S IN THE BOX:
- GPSMAP 66i
- Access to Birdseye Satellite Imagery
- Charging/data cable
- Carabiner clip
While there isn't a law requiring ecommerce stores to have a Return Policy, you may need one if you wish to enforce your terms and parameters of returns and refunds.
For example, in the state of New York, if a retailer does not provide a Return & Refund Policy, the retailer will be required to accept returns and give refunds for all merchandise returned within 30 days of purchase. If you wish to limit this in any way, you will need to create and post a Return Policy with your own custom terms.
Another reason for having a Return Policy even if not required by law is that most consumers prefer to shop at retailers with a clearly-posted Return Policy. This is especially important when shopping online, as more issues are likely when purchasing something without being able to see it in person first.
If you don't have a Return Policy, you may be at the mercy of state laws regulating return and refund timeframes. You may also lose potential customers who are concerned about not being able to return a product if they need or want to.