Soft and Ventilated Knee Guard with Zip
Yes, we did hear you. Here it is – our zipper 3DF impact foam knee pads!
Based on our award-winning 3DF 5.0 pad, we’ve redesigned the chassis to incorporate a zipper that allows you to take it off and put it on easily. It was not an easy task! The risk of going wrong is there. As a rider told us: “the zipper needs to last forever.” So, we tested that and the sample we made would never fail, but you could not bend your knee.
We think we've got the balance right on this one. You can let us know.
CE tested and certified protection that scores a total of 13 points in the Leatt protection rating system.
- Total Leatt® protection score of 13 points
- 3DF AirFit ventilated soft impact foam
- CE tested and certified as impact protection:
- Knee EN1621-1
- Non-scratchy zip closure system for easy removal without taking shoes off
- New slim, CE impact certified knee pad profile
- New ventilated perforated Neoprene sleeve
- New anti-slip calf band and silicone grip lining
- Abrasion resistant Aramid outer layer for durability
- New silicone printed and adjustable non-slip leg straps
- New anti-odor MoistureCool and AirMesh wicking fabrics
- Pre-curved 3D design for better fit and function
- All protection materials perforated for ventilation
- Weight: from 520g (1.15lbs) pair
While there isn't a law requiring ecommerce stores to have a Return Policy, you may need one if you wish to enforce your terms and parameters of returns and refunds.
For example, in the state of New York, if a retailer does not provide a Return & Refund Policy, the retailer will be required to accept returns and give refunds for all merchandise returned within 30 days of purchase. If you wish to limit this in any way, you will need to create and post a Return Policy with your own custom terms.
Another reason for having a Return Policy even if not required by law is that most consumers prefer to shop at retailers with a clearly-posted Return Policy. This is especially important when shopping online, as more issues are likely when purchasing something without being able to see it in person first.
If you don't have a Return Policy, you may be at the mercy of state laws regulating return and refund timeframes. You may also lose potential customers who are concerned about not being able to return a product if they need or want to.