Extended Length Hard Shell Reinforced Impact Foam Protector
This CE tested and certified protection with a hard-shell, extended length shin and soft 3DF impact foam knee give the unbeatable combination of comfort and premium protection.
A great product for all soft knee pad users who are tired of hitting their shins, but who are still looking for a soft knee pad feel.
Now with a new, slimmer knee pad profile, a ventilated, perforated sleeve, and an integrated silicone coated thigh strap for that solid fit with ergonomic left/right shapes.
Next step up in protection level is the Knee and Shin Guard EXT Junior
- Soft knee guard with hard shell extended shin sliders
- 3DF ventilated soft impact foam
- Our 3D design ensures a great fit that is very comfortable
- Anti-odour MoistureCool and AirMesh wicking fabrics
- Full shin extended length – EXT | New improved hard shell sliding shin
- New slim, CE impact certified knee pad profile
- New ventilated, perforated Neoprene sleeve
- New anti-slip calf band and silicone grip lining
- New silicone printed and adjustable non-slip leg straps
- Abrasion resistant Aramid outer layer for durability
Slim shin plate that also fits inside boots
- CE tested and certified as impact protection: Knee and shin EN1621-1
- Total Leatt® protection score of 19 points
- Weight: from 700g (1.54lbs) pair
- Sold in a pair
While there isn't a law requiring ecommerce stores to have a Return Policy, you may need one if you wish to enforce your terms and parameters of returns and refunds.
For example, in the state of New York, if a retailer does not provide a Return & Refund Policy, the retailer will be required to accept returns and give refunds for all merchandise returned within 30 days of purchase. If you wish to limit this in any way, you will need to create and post a Return Policy with your own custom terms.
Another reason for having a Return Policy even if not required by law is that most consumers prefer to shop at retailers with a clearly-posted Return Policy. This is especially important when shopping online, as more issues are likely when purchasing something without being able to see it in person first.
If you don't have a Return Policy, you may be at the mercy of state laws regulating return and refund timeframes. You may also lose potential customers who are concerned about not being able to return a product if they need or want to.