The X-3 Enduro Boots take the top features found in SIDI’s highest level off-road boots but offer them at a mid-level price. The laminated Technomicro shell shrugs off wet conditions and abrasion better than natural leather – without the need for routine care and conditioning. The Single Flex System at the ankle limits axial rotation and is matched by reinforced hard armor on the outside. The four cam lock buckles along the upper and the Davos-style enduro sole (engineered for impeccable peg feel) are fully replaceable. The Cambrelle inner lining is perforated to maintain airflow and treated with Teflon for easy care over many seasons and many stream crossings. Down whichever path your knobbies take you, the X-3 Enduro Boots are up for the challenge.
- Laminated Technomicro chassis
- Slim non-bootie design
- Single Flex System for rotational control
- Nylon insole (replaces steel shank)
- Tongue-in-groove style rear of calf panels protect the achilles tendon
- Internal malleolus plastic guard with ergonomic closed cell foam padding to protect smaller foot bones
- Protective plastic toe cap
- Rigid, shock resistant, anatomically shaped heel with hyper extension block for maximum protection
- Removable arch support pad
- Inner heat shield
- Replaceable cam lock buckle system with memory straps
- Cambrelle liner in the foot area with antimicrobial Teflon treated mesh
- Davos enduro sole is replaceable
- All bolt-on parts are fully replaceable
While there isn't a law requiring ecommerce stores to have a Return Policy, you may need one if you wish to enforce your terms and parameters of returns and refunds.
For example, in the state of New York, if a retailer does not provide a Return & Refund Policy, the retailer will be required to accept returns and give refunds for all merchandise returned within 30 days of purchase. If you wish to limit this in any way, you will need to create and post a Return Policy with your own custom terms.
Another reason for having a Return Policy even if not required by law is that most consumers prefer to shop at retailers with a clearly-posted Return Policy. This is especially important when shopping online, as more issues are likely when purchasing something without being able to see it in person first.
If you don't have a Return Policy, you may be at the mercy of state laws regulating return and refund timeframes. You may also lose potential customers who are concerned about not being able to return a product if they need or want to.